Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Eating for Healing

I am so excited I have finally found “smoked paprika”. Rachel Ray cooks with it all the time and I have never been able to find it in the stores. It also contains NO SODIUM. Having a healthy diet means eating less salt even if you don’t have a heart condition. I cooked chicken quesadillas with smoked paprika and Mrs. Dash’s Southwestern Chipotle seasoning for lunch and it was awesome!

Besides having a low sodium diet, one of the other ways I am eating for healing is by taking communion every day. I use Matzo Unsalted Crackers which have piercings and stripes from the cooking process. The Bible says that by his wounds and stripes you are healed. Meditating on the stripes and piercings of the cracker and Jesus creates an intimacy within my relationship with Jesus. It helps me think about all Jesus did for you and me. I also use Welch’s grape juice or a sweet Jewish wine. The crushed red grapes (wine or juice) represent the blood of Christ Jesus that was shed for the covering of our sins. Jesus is our intercessor. It is because of Him that we have access to God and can call him Father. I usually take communion in the morning (sometimes with my kids) before I pray and at night with my husband before we go to bed. Not only does communion bring me closer to God but also to my family when we share it together.

Crushed red grapes in the form of juice or wine are very good for us. They contain resveratrol which is an antioxidant that helps protect the heart through lowering cholesterol and lowering risks of blood clots.

Thank you God for making things that taste good, spiritually good for us as well as physically good for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment